Helpng to make the dream a reality

Nov 2014 to Oct 2017
- Volunteered to oversee Construction of a New Hospital to replace a 27+ year old facility staffed and operated by Dominicans. I spent 3 years on behalf of the many donors to the REVOLUTION campaign - a 4.5 Million Dollar campaign to fund this project.
August 2017 to September 2018
Work ceased while Tax issues resolved
Oct 2018
Working as project consultant to help get this wonderful project completed.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Surrounded by H2O - a Post by Stacy




Well, three days ago Ken left for a three week stay in the D.R. for the beginning stages of an up to three year project – overseeing the Construction of a New Clinic. He has been so excited about this opportunity and it is finally here! And wouldn’t you know that the first step involves water. Unloading  and drilling  holes in pipes that will drain the water off and away from the property. Ken and I have had those talks about where do you want to retire or wouldn’t it be fun to have a place on the lake. I figured we would end up on or near water some day since we both grew up around water. I grew up around fresh water, Lake Norman just north of Charlotte, N.C.  I have wonderful memories of meeting at the Cabin for family get-togethers. Ken grew up around salt water, Coconut Grove in Miami Fla. He has wonderful boating, fishing and snorkeling memories. I have to say, I never thought about living on an island! The D.R. is 1,389 miles from Virginia as a bird flies over the Atlantic – that’s a lot of water!
Fun to see someone filled with a passion for something.


Stacy  11/15/14

1 comment:

  1. What can I say, ever since the first day I saw her when she walked out of the elevator in Greensboro - Stacy has been the best thing in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete