Helpng to make the dream a reality

Nov 2014 to Oct 2017
- Volunteered to oversee Construction of a New Hospital to replace a 27+ year old facility staffed and operated by Dominicans. I spent 3 years on behalf of the many donors to the REVOLUTION campaign - a 4.5 Million Dollar campaign to fund this project.
August 2017 to September 2018
Work ceased while Tax issues resolved
Oct 2018
Working as project consultant to help get this wonderful project completed.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Time

Time - it is limited, taken for granted, wasted, treasured and much more complex than we can comprehend.
The past two weeks and a half weeks have furthered my appreciation of time, and timing.
  Is summary, two weeks ago today my Father-In-Law Doug Shivar went on to his Lord after an incident that was preceded by many years of health issues. I will not go into details on this blog, but know that he is where he was ready to go and was surrounded by all of his grandchildren and family when he passed away. I truly feel he heard our laughing and recounting endless stories as he took his last breaths - he knew we were at peace, and he is in a better place.
  And so after spending some time with Stacy and her mom, we are all easing back into our normal days and routines. For my mother in law, it is soothing to know she has an amazing network of church family and great friends. It is more difficult to be away from Stacy now, but I know she is strong and continues to encourage my being in the DR. Losing a parent changes us, as my sister-in-law Hollis says - this is what causes us to take the last step into adulthood. Richard Rohr would say this is what is sometimes needed to "fall" into a second-half of life where we have a much clearer perspective on the world and life. 
  
So back to building a Clinic. 
  
  Clinic Status - so we are waiting on test results of the dirt/fill we hope to use for the fill and compaction of the site.  This compacted fill will be the foundation of the clinic, so it needs to be right. I expect that we will begin this phase in the coming week and require at least two weeks to complete.  Once this is done, we will have created a 1-1/2 to two meter thick plateau for the clinic, and the common building phases can then begin.

When I considered this responsibility, there were several things that needed to happen (timings) in order for me to commit to this. They all happened, so here I am. I don't know how the project will go, but I will do my best to see that it is built properly, efficiently and frugally. It is my hope and prayer that holy-coincidences will continue with this project. The Clinic will have such a wonderful impact on this community. I look at it as the means by which people can better serve others medically and spiritually, and that is what I feel we are all called to do as the Body of Christ.  This project will take time, but we will not waste it.

Group from Spartanburg at the site this week.

I am the proud owner of 8 new lug-nuts for truck (I was missing that many!)
 - and you probably never think about the lug nuts on your car!
Even lug-nuts should not be taken for granted!



No comments:

Post a Comment